The Professional Risk Managers’ International Association (PRMIA) is a non-profit professional association, governed by a Board of Directors directly elected by its global membership. PRMIA is represented globally by 46 chapters in major cities around the world, led by Regional Directors appointed by the Board.
Mission and Objectives
Established in 2002 by a volunteer group of risk industry professionals, our mission is to provide an open forum for the development and promotion of the risk profession. To accomplish this mission, the objectives are:
- To be a leader of industry opinion and a proponent for the risk management profession
- Drive the integration of practice and theory and certify the credentials of professional risk managers
- Connect practitioners, researchers, students and others interested in the field of risk management
- Be global in focus, promoting cross-cultural ethical standards, serving emerging as well as more developed markets
- Work with other professional associations in furtherance of our mission